Hope everyone have a great memorial weekend. This Sunday is the last day of school and also the last week to take the the advantage of Early Registration ($40 Discount per student, first choice of culture classes and parent duties, etc). Attached is the 2019-2020 calendar for your reference.
We’ve got around 200 students registered in one month. Thank you for your support and trust to PCLS! Please note that Three culture classes are already full: Chinese Abacus and Mental Math (兒童珠心算), TaeKwonDo (跆拳道), and Chinese Knotting (中國結). Remember: you have to Pay your tuition to guarantee your spot on Culture classes.
(1) FIRST, Sign up your parent duty
via SignUp Genius
. (You need to go to PTA table to get the stamp on your confirmation page. Then you can go to REGISTRATION desk to hand in your Confirmation Page
(3) The check,
Bring above items to our staff member 2:30 – 4:30 ONLY
Please note this schedule on Sunday:
- Last Day of early Registration in the cafeteria – 2:30-4:30
- Parent Duty Refund check pick up – 3:30-4:30
- Students should report to their class room before 2:30 as usual, and the classroom teacher will bring the whole class over to the McAneny Theater auditorium to be seated by 2:40
- Commencement – 2:45 – 3:45.
- Year-End Coupon Exchange – 3:50 to 5:00.
- NO culture class this Sunday, June 2nd.
We are pleased to announce that we will have the Summer Camp
from Aug 19-23 at YingHua. You can pick up the student forms and TA forms in the cafeteria or see the attached file. Please email Stella Khor or Greg Tsai at email@example.com
with any questions. The summer camp video and information will be posted on our website, www.pcls.org
NEW!! The information about TOCFL test (兒童華語測驗/華語測驗) was sent out earlier. Please read that email for all the details. TOCFL is not mandatory for now. However, we encourage our students take this standard test. This is not only to enhance students’ interest in learning Chinese and monitor their progress. For the further request of skipping grade, PCLS will also refer this test result to evaluate the student’s level.
Messages from the Academic Director, Molly Yang
- If you can’t come to school on 6/2, please inform your teacher how to get the report card.
- Students interested in becoming a TA for 2019-2020 school year need to complete application via Google Form first. Then print a paper copy, sign the copy and bring it to Academic Director by June 2.
Messages from coupon day manager, Sophia Liu
- Coupon Day for the second semester. The exchange starts at 3:55 pm. At designated time, class teachers will bring their classes to cafeteria where the exchange takes place. Parents of younger students are encouraged to help their child during the transaction. (Coupon exchange schedule is attached) Students should bring their own bag for carrying exchange items home. Limited amount of plastic bags will be available at the event.
- Coupon day donation: 1) Gently used or new toys / stationary / books are welcome. 2) NO food, skin care / hygiene products, or nail polish will be accepted due to allergy concern. 3) Clean / no holes plastic or paper shopping bags. Please bring your donation toSophia at cafeteria (coupon exchange section) before 3:00 pm if possible. Donation receipt is available for your tax filing purpose.
Messages from PTA, Shao-ching Cheng:
Parents who completed the required parent duties and selected to receive the $100 refund, please pick up the checks after 3:30 pm in the cafeteria (registration table).
Messages from Vendor Coordinator, Ya-ling Chen. 5 Vendors this Week:
學年最後一天，我們安排了許多 food vendor。請帶著您的cooler來校，熱情購買。支持fo
od vendors, 支持 PCLS
There are 5 food vendors on the last day of school. Bring your cooler and buy the food from the vendors. Remember, support our vendors as a portion of their proceeds are given back to PCLS! Thank you!
* Stella’s bubble tea, sweet soup (紅豆湯/銀耳湯), Mochi (麻糬), Eggtart (蛋塔), Spicy Cold Noodle (麻辣涼面), 粽子
* NuRo Beef Noodle Soup （正中牛肉麵）: Please pick up your order at the designated time.
* HsiuLing Taiwanese Kitchen (秀玲台式小吃)
* PoHaiTsu frozen dumplings (渤海村)
Please pick up your pre-order and pay cash
See you on Sunday! Have a wonderful summer!