Hope you and your family are doing well and staying healthy in the midst of this unprecedented time.
We are excited to start PCLS’ 2020-2021 registration on Sunday, May 3rd. We encourage our current PCLS families to take advantage ($40 Tuition discount and Culture class spots) of the Early Registration (Ends on June 1st). In the meantime, feel free to forward this Registration email to your friends if they are interested in registering their child(ren) in PCLS.
Here are the steps to walk you through the registration.
(1) Families should select their parent duty using this link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0a49ada823aafe3-20202021. After you select your parent duty, please PRINT the attached 2020-2021 Parent Duty Assignment.dox page with the parent duty information filled. When you sign up the Signup Genius, please include the name as it would appear on your parent duty refund check.
You are required to sign up for one A activity, or two B activities, or one B and one C activities. Please see details in the attached file or at the SignupGenius link.
* A – Only one within this category (e.g. Class Parent, Chinese New Year helpers)
* B – One or Two within this category (e.g. Contest helpers/judges, Coupon Day volunteers, etc.), and
* C – One within this category (e.g. Bell ringer, Fire Drill helpers, etc.)
NOTE: We encourage parents to sign up for the SAME duties as in the previous years, particularly for the more critical roles (i.e. CNY helpers, contest helpers/judges, coupon day volunteers, etc). We would like to have parents with experiences to help ensure certain events/contests to run smoothly.
(2) Please click this link: https://www.regstudent.com to register. We attached several screenshots and files to assist you with the registration. The 2020-2021 calendar is also attached (the prospective start date is 09/13/2020 and end date is 06/06/2021). Due to the uncertainty in fall, certain event dates/time are subject to change. PCLS will keep our families updated if any.
Since we cannot meet you in person for this registration, you need to mail the following THREE items to: Princeton Chinese Language School P.O. Box 185, Princeton Junction, NJ 08550 by June 1st to take the advantages of EARLY registration (secure culture class spot and tuition discount).
(A) After you complete the process using the link above, please PRINT the last confirmation page (B) After you sign up on the SignUp Genius, fill out the attached 2020-21 Parent Duty Assignment.dox (C) Please make your CHECK payable to PCLS. Your Family ID number and student names should also be included on the face of the check.
Please note that we cannot process payments without the printed documents, Family ID number and student names on the check.
Tuition fees and their descriptions:
- $480($460 tuition + $20 teacher/TA gift fee) for the EARLY registration which is PAID BY June 1st. Please mail your check in by June 1st to be eligible for the early bird discount. PCLS will NOT deposit your check until 9/6.
- $520($500 tuition + $20 teacher/TA gift fee) for the regular registration which is paid after June 1st. If you register and pay after June 2nd, the tuition will be changed to $500 in our system.iii. $20 will be included in each student’s tuition just to cover the teacher/TA gift fee that is usually collected by the Class Parents in September. This makes the Class Parent’s job easier since we do not have to follow up on the outstanding $20 fee.
- A REFUNDABLE – parent duty fee of $150 (DEPOSIT) will be imposed as the school needs more families to help run PCLS events.
Similar to the previous years, families who complete and pay their registration first will have their first choice of culture classes. Here is some additional information that you should be aware of:
- 4 culture classes have material fees– Fees for Chinese Brush Painting and Chinese Knotting are $20. Fees for Handmade Crafts and TaeKwoDo are TBD. Students are required to pay these class fees by the 2nd week of the class, 09/20/2020, to guarantee their spot in the class.
If you have any questions about the registration, please contact our registrar, Wing Lau, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once again, we thank you for your interest in PCLS and look forward to “seeing” you all in person in September.
Justine Hsieh 謝嘉文
Princeton Chinese Language School, Principal