I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving and had a wonderful time with family and friends!
This Sunday, we will distribute PCLS 2018-2019 Directory to our families and teachers. Special thanks to Zoe Chen for her dedication to design our beautiful directory. Each family will receive only ONE directory so one of your children will receive directory in his/her language class.
There is a Financial Workshop by AIG Financial Network, Carol Lee MBA, CLU. 3:30-4:30 in Room 231. She will talk about Planning for family financial security – How do families protect assets from creditors or in the event of critical, chronic or terminal illness. You will learn very useful information from this workshop.
We are gearing up for preparations for Chinese New Year! We would greatly appreciate donations (value of $20 and above) of Raffle Prizes for the raffle during our New year’s festivities. All the donations go to our raffle which helps as a fundraiser for the school. We will be accepting the donations starting this Sunday until 1/13/19. Please drop off the items to either Sylvia or Sophia in the cafeteria.
Messages from the Academic Director, Molly Yang:
The speech contests part 1 will be held this Sunday for contestants in groups V (CSL6~CSL8), and VI ~ VIII (T3 and up). The competition starts at 1:00 pm in the lower level Amphitheater, and the check-in time for all contestants begins at 12:50 pm in the common area outside of the theater.
If your kid(s) enrolled but didn’t receive the reminder email, please email email@example.com as soon as possible.
Messages from the Culture Director, Ya-ping Su:
All drawings from the drawing contest will be returned to students this Sunday during language class. Students should pick up drawings from their language teachers.
Messages from the Treasurer, Susan Lee: For parents asking for summer camp receipts and already contacting Stella, please pick up your receipts from our Treasurer in the school cafeteria on 12/2 and 12/9 from 3:30 – 4:45 pm. Receipts that are not picked up by 12/9 will be mailed to your home address.
Messages from PTA, Shao-ching Cheng
- Parents who signed up to help the 12/2 speech contest, please arrive at12:45to help. You should have received reminder emails from PTA. If you did not, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Room parentswho have not picked up the check for teachers’ gift. Please stop by the cafeteria BEFORE 3:00pm or AFTER 4:00pm.
If you could not come to pick up the check this Sunday. Please confirm the amount with PTA in case you need to prepare it earlier.
- Parents please note, you can always check your signups from: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0e49a8ae2fa20-20182019. You should receive the reminder emails from Signup Genius few days prior to the event. If you have never received emails from SignUp Genius even when you first sign up, please double check to see if your email entry is corrected in SignUp Genius.
- Please try NOT to change your signups few days prior to the event.It will affect the arrangements and won’t have enough time to find other helpers. Thank you.
Food Vendors this Week
* 2:00 Stella’s bubble tea AND Taro cake (芋頭糕), sweet soup (紅豆湯/銀耳湯), Mochi (麻糬), Eggtart (蛋塔), Spicy Cold Noodle (麻辣涼面), Ramen Noodle (日式拉麵).
* 1:30 PoHaiTsu frozen dumplings (渤海村)
* 1:30 Taiwan Tasty House 台灣美食坊 NEW VENDOR!!! coming from Edison.
See you on Sunday!