新年快樂! Happy New Year! I hope everyone has had a very pleasant and restful holiday season.
This Sunday, we will have the Recognition Ceremony at 1:45 PM in the McAneny Theater on the main floor. This ceremony is for the Drawing Contest and Speech Contest winners to receive their trophies and certificates. Please note that all contestants will receive ONE extra coupon while the winners of each contest will receive TWO extra coupons on 1/20 coupon day. (Congratulations to all the contest winners! They will have more coupons to exchange their gifts on the coupon day)
We will just have 4 weeks to rehearse for our Chinese New Year Celebration which is 2/3/2019 at Montgomery High School. Please pay attention to the emails sent by your teachers or room parents regarding the rehearsal plan and performance details.
We would greatly appreciate donations (value of $20 and above) of Raffle Prizes for the raffle during our New year’s festivities. More prizes, more fun!! All the donations go to our raffle which helps as a fundraiser for the school. Please drop off the items to Sylvia or Sophia in the cafeteria until 1/13/2019. We will also provide donation receipt for your tax filing purpose.
Messages from the Academic Director, Molly Yang:
- 2/24/19 查字典比賽(dictionary contest) — 3~10年級(T3 ~T10) 和 CSL4～CSL8
- PCLS will be held SAT II Chinese Practice Test on 3/3 (Sunday). The deadline to register is 2/4 with registration fee $20. If you child(ren) is(are) interested in taking SAT II Chinese test, please contact academic director @firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 2/4.
Messages from the Culture Director, Ya-ping Su:
Chinese New Year Celebration will take place on February 3, 2019 at Montgomery High school from 2-5 pm. Rehearsal starts at 12pm. Any parents interested in volunteering to help out in addition to your parent duty sign up and/or make a donation to raffle prizes, please email email@example.com or stop by the culture director table at cafeteria.
Mark your calendar for YoYo completion on March 3, 2019 from 4:20-5:40pm in the Large Gym. All PCLS students and alumni are welcome to participate in this competition. Registration will be available soon!
Messages from PTA, Shao-ching Cheng
(1) Parents please note, you can always check your signups from: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0e49a8ae2fa20-20182019. You should receive the reminder emails from Signup Genius few days prior to the event. If you have never received emails from SignUp Genius even when you first sign up, please double check to see if your email entry is corrected in SignUp Genius.
(2) Please try NOT to change your signups few days prior to the event. It will affect the arrangements and won’t have enough time to find other helpers. Thank you.
Messages from Vendor Coordinator, Ya-ling Chen. 3 Food Vendors this Week:
* Stella’s bubble tea, sweet soup (紅豆湯/銀耳湯), Mochi (麻糬), Eggtart (蛋塔), Spicy Cold Noodle (麻辣涼面), Ramen Noodle (日式拉麵)
* HsiuLing Taiwanese Kitchen (秀玲台式小吃) 2:00-3:15
* PoHaiTsu frozen dumplings (渤海村) 1:30
See you on Sunday!