How are you? We will just have 3 weeks to rehearse for our Chinese New Year Celebration which is 2/3/2019 at Montgomery High School. Please pay attention to the emails sent by your teachers or room parents regarding the rehearsal plan and performance details. Your help will make the kids doing well in their CNY performance.
This Sunday is the last day to donate the raffle prize. We would greatly appreciate donations (value of $20 and above) of Raffle Prizes for the raffle during our New year’s festivities. More prizes, More winners, More fun!! All the donations go to our raffle which helps as a fundraiser for the school. Please drop off the items to Sylvia or Sophia in the cafeteria (donation receipt is available for your tax filing purpose.) Next week, we will post the list and pictures of our raffle prize. The raffle pre-sale will also start next Sunday.
Messages from the Academic Director, Molly Yang:
- 2019 preparation test for SAT Subject Test in Chinese with Listening will be held on March 3rd. All students are welcome to take the mock test, but it is highly recommended for students of 5th grade and above. For detail information, please visit http://www.reg.ncacls.net/index.php/satii . Registration deadline is 2/4, and registration fee is $20. Any student who is interested in taking the mock test should contact academic director at email@example.com for registration form and test information.
Messages from the Culture Director, Ya-ping Su:
In the months of January, the following areas at PDS will be reserved for our teachers and students to rehearse their Chinese New Year Celebration performance from 2:30pm to 4:15pm: Reception, Theater (Main level), Fox Room, Lobby, Upper Gym (Main level basketball court), and upper level at Cafeteria. Lion Dance practice will take place at Gymateria between 1:20-2:40pm. We apologize for any inconvenience and ask parents to avoid occupying these areas during practice time.
Pre-own Yo-yo for Sale this Sunday:
We acquired some pre-owned Sundia yo-yo and will offer PCLS students to purchase in the cafeteria this Sunday 2:40 ~ 4:50 with Sophia.
These diabolos were originally brought from Taiwan and only used a few times at Chinese summer camp in Michigan. They are the same kind as we use at PCLS yo-yo class. It’s made by soft plastic and comes with wooden sticks.
Each set (1 yo-yo, 1 pair of sticks with string) is sold for only $12. (Brand new $30) This is a great opportunity for children interested in Chinese yo-yo class next school year, or the current students need extra yo-yo with lower price. Limited quantities. No reservation available. First come first serve. Cash only.
Messages from PTA, Shao-ching Cheng
- Parents who signed up to help theChinese New Year Eventplease be aware: DO NOT change your signup at this point. You will be contacted to attend one meeting in January.
- We have few spots still open for sign up on various events. If any one wants to help, please take a look at the following link : https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0e49a8ae2fa20-20182019
- You should receive the reminder emails from Signup Genius few days prior to the event. If you have never received emails from SignUp Genius even when you first signed up, please double check to see if your email entry is correct in SignUp Genius.
- Please try Not to change your signups few days prior to the event. It will affect the arrangements and won’t have enough time to find other helpers.
Messages from Vendor Coordinator, Ya-ling Chen. 3 Food Vendors this Week:
* 2:00 Stella’s bubble tea, sweet soup (紅豆湯/銀耳湯), Mochi (麻糬), Eggtart (蛋塔), Spicy Cold Noodle (麻辣涼面), Ramen Noodle (日式拉麵) , Sushi (壽司) , New Year Cookies (過年餅乾), 便當 (Bento Box)
* 2:00 台灣小吃 （Taiwanese snack and bento box)
* 3:00-4:30 Taiwan Baking 台味烘焙. Please pick up your pre-order and pay cash by 4:30.
Please support our vendors, as a portion of their proceeds are given back to the school.