Gong Xi Fa Cai 恭喜發財!
Thank you again to everyone who was part of the Chinese New Year Celebration last Sunday!
I’m very proud to see that our teachers, TAs, and students were so engaged to make our CNY performance successful. Parents also play critical roles from preparation to the performance – thank you for your support. This is an awesome team work for the whole PCLS community. Congratulations, everyone.
In addition to the CNY crews listed on the program, I would like to thank the following people helping on those ad hoc programs and make these new formats so inspirational.
TA Dance – 4 TAs (Melanie Tsai, James Kin, Melinda Chen, Aaron Tsai) and 2 Culture Teachers (Christina Emery and Charles Emery – you didn’t see their faces but it’s them).
Videos – Jimmy Chen (Principal’s and teacher’s videos) & Melanie Tsai (Summer Camp video)
If you are interested in our teaching or administration roles, don’t hesitate to contact us anytime. PCLS really need more parents involved in school’s operation. We will have a workshop soon and more detailed information will be provided then.
Messages from the Academic Director, Molly Yang:
- If your child will be absent from classes, please inform her(his) teacher in advance as a courtesy.
- Dictionary Usage Contest will be held on 2/24, from 1:30 – 2:20 PM. Contest information will be distributed to the middle and upper classes (T3 – T10 and CSL4 – CSL9) . Please register with the below link before 2/17.
Messages from the Culture Director, Ya-ping Su:
YoYo class will be taking place at the Gymateria until the end of February. PDS needs the large gym for other use.
Parents, please register your child for various culture related competitions as appropriate. See details and rewards from Principal’s email sent on Wednesday, 2/6. All students, TAs and alumni are welcome to attend these competitions. Any questions, please email email@example.com
|Competition||Competition Date & time||PCLS Reg. deadline and link|
|ANJCS Chinese Chess||3/3/2019 9:30am-2pm||2/14/19 REGISTER HERE|
|ANJCS Chinese Karaoke||3/9/2019 12pm||2/21/19 REGISTER HERE|
|PCLS Chinese YoYo||3/3/2019 4:20pm-5:40pm||2/21/19 REGISTER HERE|
Messages from PTA, Shao-ching Cheng:
- Parents please note, you can always check your signups from https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0e49a8ae2fa20-20182019. You should receive the reminder emails from Signup Genius few days prior to the event. If you have never received emails from SignUp Genius even when you first signed up, please double check to see if your email entry is correct in SignUp Genius.
- Please try Not to change your signups few days prior to the event.It will effect the arrangements and won’t have enough time to find other helpers.
IMPORTANT messages from Princeton Day School:
I got this email from PDS restate the food policy. Please, let’s all help to keep PDS neat and tidy.
“It has been brought to my attention that there were numerous items of food & drink on the tables in the the Shepherd Commons during the PCLS sessions. Just want to give a friendly reminder that all food & drink should be confined to the campus center ONLY. The School doesn’t allow food & drink anywhere else.” (Notes: Shepherd Commons is the area with classroom 201-215)
Messages from Vendor Coordinator, Ya-ling Chen. 3 Food Vendors this Week:
* 2:00 Taiwan Tasty House (台灣美食坊) coming from Edison.
* 2:00 Stella’s bubble tea AND Taro cake (芋頭糕), sweet soup (紅豆湯/銀耳湯), Mochi (麻糬), Eggtart (蛋塔), Spicy Cold Noodle (麻辣涼面), Ramen Noodle (日式拉麵) , Sushi 壽司 , New Year Cookies (過年餅乾)
* 3:00-4:30 Taiwan Baking 台味烘焙.
Please pick up your pre-order and pay cash
Wishing everyone a prosperous new year!