Happy Moon Festival! 中秋節快樂!! Our first day of PCLS went pretty well. The teachers, students, and parents have shared positive feedback regarding the start of this school year. Thank you for all your help and cooperation!! Most of the staff will be in the cafeteria (campus center) this Sunday if you need help with anything.
As a reminder, language class is 2:30-4:15, with a 5 minute break in between. Culture class is 4:20-5:00. Particularly for new and younger students, it is helpful if parents can walk their children from the language class to the culture class at 4:15. Also, if your child needs to leave school during the class, please inform the teacher or TA.
*** IMPORTANT: food may be consumed ONLY in the Campus Center (cafeteria) so that spills are confined to the file floor in the Cafeteria. PDS is quite strict about this policy.
Messages from the Academic Director
* 有鑑於孩子們放完漫長的暑假後，把注音符號多還給老師了，學校特別情商老師為T1-T4開四堂 (9/22 – 10/13) 迷你注音符號課，密集複習，相信會對孩子們接下來一年學習中文有幫助。
We’ll open 4 mini Zhuyin lessons for kids (T1-T4) to review Zhuyin. If you are interested in enrolling, please go to the below link to fill out the form:
* Taiwanese Conversation Class (台語課)
$80 per person, $120 per family
30 Sessions, 9/8/19 – 5/12/19 (No class 2/3/20 Chinese New Year)
Sunday 1:45 – 2:25 pm (40 mins) in room 224
Instructor: Yachuan Chuo 卓雅娟老師 (email@example.com)
Messages from the Culture Director
This Sunday 9/15 is the last day to switch culture class if a student wishes to do so. Most of the culture classes are still accepting new students except TaeKwanDo and Abacus. To request a culture class change, fill out the culture class change form HERE
If you’re interested in participating in any of the adult classes, feel free to stop by the class or contact the class coordinators. Fees are collected in the beginning of the school year and non-refundable.
- Basketball: Jason Tsai, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Badminton: Tzuo-Shuo Li, email@example.com
- Zumba: Natali Tsai, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Flower Arrangement: shenzhi Li, email@example.com
- Adult ErHu, Craft (Card making), Adult Karaoke and Mahjong: Email culture director if questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.To register, complete this google form
If your child is enrolled in Chinese Knotting, Chinese Brush Painting or Crafts, and you have not paid the $20 material fee yet, please bring an envelope labeled with your child’s name with a $20 check (payable to PCLS) to class this week. Material fees are non-refundable. It is imperative that this fee is collected so the teachers can provide the needed materials.
Messages from the PTA
We are still looking for room parents for PreK, T5, CSL5, CSL8.
As a room parent, your major responsibilities consist of:
(1) preparing the gift (money already collected) for the teacher before Christmas and at the end of the year.
(2) contacting parents in case of emergency closures.
(3) assisting the teacher for the Chinese New Year performance if needed.
Room parents will only fulfill this ONE duty for the $150 full refund. Please stand up to volunteer as your kids’ class parent.
If you are willing to help extra or swap your signed duty to room parent, please use the following link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0e49a8ae2fa20-20192020
Messages from Registrar:
If you haven’t registered or have friends interested in our school, please do the followings to complete the registration:
(1) FIRST, Sign up your parent duty via SignUp Genius. (You need to go to PTA table to get the stamp on your confirmation page. Then you can go to REGISTRATION desk to hand in your Confirmation Page and Check)
(2) Go to https://www.regstudent.com to complete your online registration. Then PRINT and Bring the Confirmation Page
(3) Bring the check,
3 Food Vendors this week
* 2:00 LinGong (林宮）various food items
* 2:00 Stella’s bubble tea, sweet soup (紅豆湯/銀耳湯), Mochi (麻糬), spicy Cold Noodle (麻辣涼面)
* 3:00-4:30 NuRo Beef Noodle Soup （正中牛肉麵）: Please pick up your order at the designated time.
Remember!! Support our food vendors as a portion of their proceeds are given back to the school.