We are pleased to see the weather warms up and the parks are reopening; however, please still practice social distancing and careful hygiene – do NOT rush back to normalcy. We are doing better, we are going to get there, but we are not there yet.
PCLS will keep remote learning until the end of this school year, 5/31. The modified schedule is as below:
* 5/3 – Language and Culture online class. Fall 2020 Registration Begins (Registration email will be sent tomorrow)
* 5/10 – Language and Culture online class.
* 5/17 – Fun Day cancelled. Language online class optional (Your language teacher will notify you). Culture online class. (2019-2020 Parent duty refund emails and checks will be sent by this week)
* 5/24 – No School – memorial Day
* 5/30 (Saturday) 4pm-5pm: Online year-end Zoom meeting with parents 家長大會
* 5/31 – Last day of 2019-2020 school year. PCLS Virtual Commencement 2:30-3:10. Language class 3:20-4:00. Culture class 4:30-5:10
PCLS Summer Camp Survey winner?
This ONLINE Summer Camp will be designed for language, culture, or even other types of classes (6/22 to 8/24, TENTATIVELY) in a fun and relaxed way. As we might still stay at home mostly this summer, the online camp can help everyone feel more energetic and connected with each other even while we’re apart. To better serve you, we need to know what works better for you.
Thank you for those 30 parents participating in the survey and providing us valuable feedback. We will draw TWO lucky winners on 5/30 parent meeting. Each winner will receive $20 tuition off voucher and 3 surgical masks. YOU can be that winner. Please click the Google Form to complete the short survey by 5/3 midnight. It takes less than 3 minutes (one response per parent please)
Messages from the Academic Director, Molly Yang:
If parents have any suggestions about Chinese e-Learning topics in summer virtual class, please contact academic director Molly Yang or fill out our google survey form.
Teacher Appreciation Day – May 5th (Tuesday)
Just a reminder that next Tuesday, May 5th, is the Teacher Appreciation Day. I would like to take this opportunity to say THANK YOU to all PCLS language and culture teachers for their uncompromising service and wonderful work! We are indeed very lucky to have such wonderful teachers in PCLS.
@Parent. We encourage you to send a quick thank you message to your teachers. It will be very inspiring for their hardwork at this difficult time. Here are two great examples:
* “Sebastian Silva (CSL 8/9) made a teacher appreciation card to 李素美老師. We thank all the wonderful teachers who are taking their time and energy to further the children’s education of Chinese!”
* Olivia Tsai (Pre-K) and her family enjoyed their great first-year PCLS experience and participated in the following contest. Olivia made a lovely thank you card to her language teacher 何詠菁老師 and culture class (Story and music) 劉如茵老師 to show her appreciation. The deadline of this contest is next Saturday, please encourage your child(ren) to participate and share their artwork with PCLS.
第一組：小學組 k-2 年級
第二組：小學組 3-5 年級
第三組：中學組 6-8 年級
第四組：高中組 9-12 年級
作品規格: Standard letter size (8.5″ x 11″)，內容不拘。
作品上傳格式 (一個檔案，不得大於100 MB，限PDF,image或Word 檔)
*報名截止日期: 05/09/2020 (星期六)美東時間晚上十一點, 美中時間晚上十點, 美西時間晚上八點; 夏威夷時間晚上五點
In the midst of this unprecedented time, please keep in mind that we are a community that looks out for and supports each other. I wish everyone in the PCLS community stay healthy and stay positive!
All the best,
Justine Hsieh 謝嘉文
Princeton Chinese Language School, Principal