PCLS Chinese New Year Celebration is around the corner! We have only this week and 2/3 for rehearsal. All the students, teachers, and TAs have been working hard on their performance. For those parents helping their classes – your support will make the kids’ performance a great memory on 2/3.
Please be aware: Parents who signed up to help the Chinese New Year Event, DO NOT change your signup at this point. It is very important that you arrive on time and report to your team lead. Your help is crucial to make this event a success.
** CNY Raffle **
Step right up! Snap one up! Let the fun and games begin! It’s raffle time!
Don’t miss out your last chance to get special pre-sale pricing on raffle tickets! Special rates: $5/6 tickets, $10/13 tickets ( PRE_SALE 14 tickets), $20/28 tickets ( PRE_SALE 30 tickets) ! With so many great prizes (total value is over $3,200), there’s sure to be many lucky winners !! You can come visit us in the cafeteria to buy the tickets or Sylvia will be going around the school as well !
Let’s all have fun and help the school at the same time!
The items being raffled are: I-pad (donated by PCLS), Air Fryer, Orthocare water pik/sonic toothbrush, Kate Spade wallet, Echo Smart Speaker, Virtual Reality box, Samsung headpone, food certificates from various food vendors/restaurants ($730) and many other items. (Please see attached files for the completed prize list with pictures.) Thank you for all the sponsors contributing prizes to our raffle.
** CNY dinner **
Please join us for dinner immediately after CNY show at Yaya noodle (325 Route 206 North, Skillman, NJ 08558). You can buy the dinner tickets from our chairperson, Anne, 2:00-4:30 this Sunday in the cafeteria. Cash is preferred. There are limited space in the restaurant and we need the accurate head count to prepare beforehand. So NO dinner tickets will be sold on 2/3 and you need to bring your dinner ticket to Yaya noodle. Purchase dinner tickets priced below:
- Adult (12 and older): $20
- Child (3 -11 years old): $12
- Children under 3 are free
Messages from the Academic Director, Molly Yang:
- 2019 preparation test for SAT Subject Test in Chinese with Listening will be held on 3/3. Registration deadline is Next Monday, 2/4, and registration fee is $20. Please contact academic director at email@example.com for registration or question.
- Dictionary Usage Contest will be held on 2/24, from 1:30 – 2:20 PM. Contest information will be distributed to the middle and upper classes (T3 – T10 and CSL4 – CSL9) . Please register with the below link before 2/17.
Messages from the Culture Director, Ya-ping Su:
Parents, if you are going to be late picking up your child(ren) after culture class, please ask your child(ren) to stay in the classroom and do not leave on their own unless you have made arrangement for them. Our culture teachers and/or TAs will bring kids to cafeteria after the class ended at 5pm if left alone.
Mark your calendar for YoYo competition on March 3, 2019 from 4:20-5:40pm in the Large Gym. All PCLS students and alumni are welcome to participate in this competition. Please use this Google Form to register. NOTE: Music Link is a required field. Please make sure that you have the music ready in order to complete the registration. Registration deadline is February 24th, 2019.
Other valuable information for our parents:
** Financial Seminar – Education Fees and College Cost **
AIG Financial Network Seminar for College Funding on 1/27 (2:45pm-3:45pm) THIS Sunday. Location: Room 231.
1. What are the parents and students concerns of current college cost?
2. What are the most popular funding methods for preparing education fees?
Speaker: Carol Lee, MBA CLU
** 豬年剪紙線上教學 **
Messages from Vendor Coordinator, Ya-ling Chen. 3 Food Vendors this Week:
* 1:30 LinGong (林宮）various food items
* 2:00 Stella’s bubble tea AND Taro cake (芋頭糕), sweet soup (紅豆湯/銀耳湯), Mochi (麻糬), Eggtart (蛋塔), Spicy Cold Noodle (麻辣涼面), Ramen Noodle (日式拉麵) , Sushi 壽司 , New Year Cookies (過年餅乾), Sticky Rice Cake (紅豆年糕)
* 2:00-3:30 Golden steam bun (金華手工包子) – Please pick up your preorder during the designated time.
* 2:00 NEW vendor, Dina is coming to school to sell candles this Sunday. Please check out her website at www.partylite.biz/dinalaoui
See you on Sunday
Justine Hsieh 謝嘉文
Princeton Chinese Language School, Principal