Hope you all had a wonderful relaxing Spring Break!
We are pleased to announce that we will have the Summer Camp from Aug 19-23 at YingHua. You can pick up the student forms and TA forms in the cafeteria.
Registration for 2019-2020 has begun (see PCLS Registration email sent yesterday). As usual, the families that register first will have first choice of culture classes and parent duties. Please (1) Go to https://www.regstudent.com to complete your online registration. Then Print and Bring the last confirmation page (2) Bring the check, (3) Sign up your parent duty via SignUp Genius. Bring above items to our staff member 2:30-4:40 ONLY to complete your registration on 4/28, 5/5, 5/12, or 6/2. Don’t miss the chance to take the advantage of Early Registration.
Special Congratulations to our student, Natalie Tsai (蔡旻軒) of T2, won 1st place in Group C in the 13th Annual Tzu Chi Cup Chinese Speech Competition. PCLS is very proud of your achievement in the statewide speech competition! https://www.worldjournal.com/6241487/article-慈濟盃演講比賽-夢想與希望齊飛/?ismobile=true
Adult Flower arrangement will be moved to room 211 this week.
Messages from the Academic Director, Molly Yang
- Please come to the cafeteria and look at the Student Work Exhibition for All Language classes and Five Culture classes this Sunday. (2:30-4:30 pm)
- 5/5 – Recognition Ceremony at 1:45 PM in the McAneny Theater for Yoyo, Dictionary and Essay Contest Winners.
- 5/12 is our final exam this school year.
- We found out that MeiZhou Chinese provides summer homework to be purchased. We are doing the survey to collect who is interested in ordering the summer homework for kids. $8 per volume plus shipping. If you would like to order, please click then fill out the Google Form. by 5/10. Thank you.
Messages from the Culture Director, Ya-ping Su:
Spring Fun Day will take place on May 19 from 12:30 – 4pm at Rosedale Park, Pennington, NJ 08534 . It’s going to be a super fun afternoon packed with food, field activities (e.g. Tug of War, Potato sacks, basketball, YoYo and many more) and crafts (e.g, Chinese Knotting, face painting, temporary tattoos,etc.)
Please sign up to help out. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0F4FA4A92CA1F58-2019
For Cash Donations, please sign up and hand in the cash by 5/12 to Culture Director, Ya-ping Su at PCLS cafeteria.
For student teachers and TAs that are interested in volunteering for this event, please sign up via the google form below. 4 community service hours will be awarded to high school student volunteer. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1hwcXwaOD99ABjbpgH84Mhdl0ay0xbWOJe-_eqhHvhl4/edit
Other valuable information for our parents:
(1) FREE Seminar – How to make successful and happy kids in the 21st century? (See attached file for details)
* WHO: Andy Pritikin https://www.linkedin.com/in/andy-pritikin-923b036/
* WHAT: How the summer camp experience can enhance your child’s leadership, communication, teamwork and problem-solving skills.
* WHOM: All PCLS families and their friends
* WHEN, WHERE: 4/28 Sunday 3:30-4:30 Cafeteria
* Summary: Andy Pritikin has served as the American Camp Association NY/NJ President and is the Chairman of the largest camp industry conference in the world. He has presented workshops to parents and camp professionals all across the USA and in Beijing. He was a featured speaker in NBC’s Today show. Andy is the owner and director of Liberty Lake Day Camp, in Bordentown, NJ. Andy is passionate about teaching children learn the skills of life. He will share how summer camp helps kids learn character skills and how parents can use his methods in their daily lives.
(2) Summer Program Information about Quakerbridge Learning Center. The brochure with their summer program and discount coupon guide is in the cafeteria. Feel free to take some for your family and your friends.
Quakerbridge Learning Center 2019 summer program open house and register days are scheduled on 04/28, 05/05, 05/12 (10:00 to 4:00 pm) . Please go to website: www.Quaker-bridge.com or call (609-933-8806, 609-588-4442) to make an appointment with center in order to have a smooth enrollment proceeding.
2019 Summer courses including: Elite Option ii honors, Geometry, Algebra 1/ll, Pre-caculus, Reading, Writing, Essay, SAT test prep, python, Computer Science, Afternoon Combo classes, public speaking and more.
Messages from Vendor Coordinator, Ya-ling Chen. 4 Vendors this Week:
* 2:00 Stella’s bubble tea AND Taro cake (芋頭糕), sweet soup (紅豆湯/銀耳湯), Mochi (麻糬), Eggtart (蛋塔), Spicy Cold Noodle (麻辣涼面), Ramen Noodle (日式拉麵) , Sushi，粽子
* 2:00 Taiwan Tasty House (台灣美食坊) coming from Edison.
* 2:00-3:30 Golden steam bun (金華手工包子) – Please pick up your preorder during the designated time. Thank you!
* Mother’s Day is around the corner! Please stop by to see the Touchstone Crystal by Swarovski jewelry. This is a good opportunity to buy great costume jewelry for Mother’s Dayand support our school at the same time. If anyone would like to see the online catalog, they can use the link on the flyer — www.touchstonecrystal.com/P8C6E3PX
** Due to a low order amount for Master Huang (阿忠滷味), he will postpone the delivery to NEXT Sunday.. Please click here: https://www.sayweee.com/deal/view/f805t?from=groupmessage&isappinstalled=0 to place your order for next Sunday, 5/5. Hope the total will be more than $600 next Sunday.