Registration for 2019-2020 has begun (See PCLS Registration email sent on 4/25 for details). In only one week, we’ve got 102 students registered (with 65 already paid their tuition last Sunday).
Take the advantage of Early Registration by 6/2 ($40 Discount, first choice of culture classes and parent duties, etc). Please note that the following three culture classes already or almost reaches half of the size limit: Chinese Abacus and Mental Math 兒童珠心算 (13/15), Chinese Knotting 中國結 (16/25), and Chinese Yoyo 扯鈴 (13/30). You have to pay in order to secure your culture class spot.
To COMPETE your early registration:
(1) Go to https://www.regstudent.com to complete your online registration. Then Print and Bring the last confirmation page
(2) Bring the check,
(3) Sign up your parent duty via SignUp Genius.
Bring above items to our staff member 2:30 – 4:20 ONLY (shorter time this week due to board meeting) on 5/5, 5/12, or 6/2.
Schedule of our last few weeks of school:
- 5/12 – Both events are changed from 5/5 to 5/12 Recognition Ceremony (1:45-2:30) & Year-End Parent Meeting (3:30-4:30)
- 5/19 – Fun Day at Rosedale Park, Pennington, NJ 08534, 12:30-4:00. It’s going to be a super fun afternoon packed with food, field activities (e.g., Tug of War, Potato sacks, basketball, YoYo and many more) and crafts (e.g, Chinese Knotting, face painting, temporary tattoos, and etc.) Check the attached pictures of the beautiful picnic area which PCLS already reserved for FUN Day.
- 5/26 – No School
- 6/2 – Commencement – all students attend commencement with their classes from 2:30-4, Coupon Day from 4-5, no Culture Classes, Last day of Registration for discounted rates
Messages from the Academic Director, Molly Yang
- 5/12 (Rescheduled) – Recognition Ceremony at 1:45 PM in the McAneny Theater for Yoyo, Dictionary and Essay Contest Winners. The parents will receive email from academic director or culture director.
- 5/12 is our final exam this school year.
- MeiZhou Chinese provides summer homework (ONLY Volume 5,6,7) to be purchased. We are doing the survey to collect who is interested in ordering the summer homework for kids. $8 per volume plus shipping. If you would like to order, please click then fill out the Google Form. by 5/10. Thank you
Messages from the Culture Director, Ya-ping Su:
Parents, please sign up to help out with our Spring Fun Day https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0F4FA4A92CA1F58-2019
For Cash Donations, please sign up and hand in the cash by 5/12 to Culture Director, Ya-ping Su at PCLS cafeteria. Each donation will receive 4 food tickets.
Student teachers and TAs, please volunteer to help the Fun Day successful. Sign up here. You will receive a maximum of 4 community service hours. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1hwcXwaOD99ABjbpgH84Mhdl0ay0xbWOJe-_eqhHvhl4/edit
May 12 will be the last Day for all culture classes. There will be NO culture class on June 2, the last day of school.
Messages from PTA, Shao-ching Cheng:
Parents who received emails from PTA last month to pick up the refund check, please stop by the cafeteria between 3:30 – 4:10. Others please wait till next week.
Other valuable information for our parents:
Summer Program Information about Quakerbridge Learning Center. The brochure with their summer program and discount coupon guide is in the cafeteria. Feel free to take some for your family and your friends.
Quakerbridge Learning Center 2019 summer program open house and register days are scheduled on 05/05, 05/12 (10:00 to 4:00 pm) . Please go to website: www.Quaker-bridge.com or call (609-933-8806, 609-588-4442) to make an appointment with center in order to have a smooth enrollment proceeding.
2019 Summer courses including: Elite Option ii honors, Geometry, Algebra 1/ll, Pre-calculus, Reading, Writing, Essay, SAT test prep, python, Computer Science, Afternoon Combo classes, public speaking and more.
Messages from Vendor Coordinator, Ya-ling Chen. 3 Vendors this Week:
* 2:00 Stella’s bubble tea AND Taro cake (芋頭糕), sweet soup (紅豆湯/銀耳湯), Mochi (麻糬), Eggtart (蛋塔), Spicy Cold Noodle (麻辣涼面), Ramen Noodle (日式拉麵) , Sushi 壽司 , 粽子
* 3:00-4:30 NuRo Beef Noodle Soup （正中牛肉麵）: Please pick up your order at the designated time.
* 3:00-4:30 阿忠滷味 (Master Huang) from Flushing will provide tasty braised dishes for PCLS families.