I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving and had a wonderful time with family and friends!
This Sunday, we will distribute PCLS 2019-2020 Directory to our families and teachers. Special thanks to our designer, Ivy Yeh Cox, for her dedication to design our beautiful directory. Each family will receive only ONE directory so one of your children will receive directory in his/her language class.
We are gearing up for preparations for Chinese New Year! We would greatly appreciate donations (value of $20 and above) of Raffle Prizes for the raffle during our New year’s festivities. All the donations go to our raffle which helps as a fundraiser for the school. We will be accepting the donations starting this Sunday until 1/19/2020. Please drop off the items to either Sylvia, Shanpi, or Feifang in the cafeteria.
Messages from the Academic Director, Molly Yang
The speech contests part 2 will be held this Sunday (12/08/2019) at McAneny Theater. Due to the large number of participants, there will be 2 check-in times as below. All the participants will take a group photo (used in next year’s directory) together around 1:55pm. (The rule of speech contest is attached)
Group B (CSL 1-3), Group 3 (T1/T2), Group 4 (CSL 4-5): The check-in time is 12:45PM. The contest will begin at 1:00PM. Please stay for the group photo, which will be taken around 1:55PM.
Group A (PreK/TK): The check-in time is 1:45PM. The contest will begin at 2:00PM. Please arrive in time for the group photo, which will be taken around 1:55PM before the contest begins.
If your kid(s) enrolled but didn’t receive the reminder email or can not participate, please email email@example.com as soon as possible.
Messages from the Culture Director, Ya-Ping Su
As the year 2020 approaches, please mark your calendar for the following events coming up early next year:
1. Chinese New Year celebration will take place on Feb. 2, 2020. We will be sending out emails reminding parent sign ups and have individual team meetings to go over details.
2. Our internal YoYo competition will take place on March 1, 2019 from 4:20-5:20pm in the Large Gym. All PCLS students and alumni are welcome to participate in this competition. Competition will include two types: individual (high school, 9th-12th graders, middle school, 6th to 8th, and elementary, 1st to 5th) and double (1st through 12th graders). Registration will be available in January.
3. The Association of New Jersey Chinese Schools Chinese Chess contest from March 22, 9am to 2:30pm at PDS. Registration will be available in February.
Messages from PTA team
Speech Contest helpers: You should receive an email from contest.pta (Kuan-Juei Su) on Monday with your assigned tasks Please arrive between 12:30-12:40pm at McAneny Theater and check in with Kuan-Juei. ** IMPORTANT: All helpers should go to the cafeteria for score calculation AFTER the contest. Then be sure to sign out so that our PTA will mark as fulfill your parent duty. Thank you for your cooperation.
Room parents: If you didn’t pick up you class gift money check last time, you can find Paul (PTA) or Susan (Treasurer) this Sunday to pick up the check. Please note: the amount of the check depends on the size of your class. The $20 class fee/per student was included in the tuition during the registration. Any questions, please contact Paul @firstname.lastname@example.org.
4 Food Vendors this week
* 1:30-3:00 HsiuLing Taiwanese Kitchen (秀玲台式小吃)
* 2:00 Stella’s bubble tea AND Taro cake (芋頭糕), sweet soup (紅豆湯/銀耳湯), Mochi (麻糬)
* 3:00-4:30 NuRo Beef Noodle Soup （正中牛肉麵）: Please pick up your order at the designated time.
* 3:00-4:30 阿忠滷味 (Master Huang) from Flushing will provide tasty braised dishes for PCLS families. Please pick up your pre-order and pay cash by 4:30. NOTE: We still need more orders so that Master Huang can deliver from Flushing to Princeton. Click this link to order and the deadline is 12/7 (Saturday) 3pm. I will make an announcement tomorrow if the delivery is cancelled.